Cross Cutting Theme 3
Empowering Women in Energy
Globally, the energy sector remains one of the most gender-imbalanced, with women making up just 20% of the workforce. The region mirrors this global trend. To make women key drivers of innovative and inclusive solutions in the region, and help accelerate the transition to a clean energy future, concrete actions are needed to improve women’s participation in the energy industry and close the gender gap. There are long-term and proven advantages to be derived from having an inclusive and diverse workforce. The CAREC program has a role to act
as a champion of women empowerment and lead by example.
To increase women’s visibility in the energy sector, the CAREC Energy Strategy 2030 foresees the establishment of a dedicated Women in Energy Program to make women more employable and improve their career opportunities in the sector, besides setting up new regional networking and support facilities for women at all levels of society.
These measures should ensure the achievement of the overall vision of gender equity in the energy sector by 2030.
Cross-Cutting Theme 3 Initiatives
All Strategic Priorities of CAREC Energy:
- Better Security through Regional Interconnections
- Scaled-Up Investments through Market-Oriented Reforms
- Enhancing Sustainability by Greening the Regional Energy System
- Building Knowledge and Forming Partnerships
- Attracting Private Sector Investments across the Energy Value Chain
- Empowering Women in Energy